D.Dreschers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> while checking my system bootup scripts I noticed that cups
> get started twice.
> I checked cups makefile and saw that it installs it's own
> bootup scripts in /etc/rc.d/rc{2,3,5}.d/S99cups and one in
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/cups which is overwritten by the
> blfs-bootscript.
> I'm not sure but it looks like the K00cups file in rc0.d
> is also overwritten by the blfs-bootscript.
> But the rc{2,3,5}.d/S99cups files remain.
>
> You should add a note to the blfs-book to remove cups
> scripts.
Running the `make install-cups` commands should override all the scripts
put into place by cups.
It appears that cups puts scripts instead of links into /etc/rc.d/rc?.d
(ugly), but the blfs instructions automatically override them.
install-cups: create-dirs
install -m ${MODE} blfs/init.d/cups ${EXTDIR}/rc.d/init.d/
ln -sf ../init.d/cups ${EXTDIR}/rc.d/rc0.d/K00cups
ln -sf ../init.d/cups ${EXTDIR}/rc.d/rc1.d/K00cups
ln -sf ../init.d/cups ${EXTDIR}/rc.d/rc2.d/S99cups
ln -sf ../init.d/cups ${EXTDIR}/rc.d/rc3.d/S99cups
ln -sf ../init.d/cups ${EXTDIR}/rc.d/rc4.d/S99cups
ln -sf ../init.d/cups ${EXTDIR}/rc.d/rc5.d/S99cups
ln -sf ../init.d/cups ${EXTDIR}/rc.d/rc6.d/K00cups
The first line installs the blfs script over the old one.
The rest will remove the scripts installed by cups and set up proper
symbolic links.
-- Bruce
--
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-dev
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page