On 02/21/2014 07:57 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Armin K. wrote:

>>> That's an understatement.

>>> I don't have a problem with using role to generate two versions of the
>>> book from the same source.  It will take a lot of up front work though.
>
>> No, it's not two versions of the book, but one version with "Do this if
>> you are using sysvinit and do this if you are using systemd". I believe
>> it was you who said that we shouldn't mix those when Ragnar suggested it
>> back ... ugh long time ago anyways.
>
> What I said, or at least intended to say, was that users shouldn't be
> constantly reminded that "if you have x, do y, otherwise z".  I don't
> have an objection to doing that in the source by developers and creating
> the xsl to generate a 'standard' blfs version and a 'systemd' blfs version.
>
>    -- Bruce

I know what you meant. I have no problems with shipping package specific
notes for now. Maintaining seperate BLFS is something I can't do alone
and maintaining same instructions in one branch, then generating two
different books is something I don't know a) to do b) if it's possible.

--
Note: My last name is not Krejzi.