On 03/13/2018 09:51 AM, Ken Moffat wrote:
The latest firefox has now been released, but their process for
offering the source has changed (not a surprise to me, they've been
doing this for the 59 betas) -

The SOURCE file at
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/59.0/SOURCE
is just some text telling you where to get the source.  For the
.tar.bz2 that is
https://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-release/archive/c61f5f5ead48c78a80c80db5c489bdc7cfaf8175.tar.bz2

And if I use wget the default filename is c61f5f5ead... .tar.bz2 but
the directory within it is mozilla-release-c61f5f5ead.../

Fine if you have a wide screen in which to read the book ;)

I suggest that we recommend using wget so that we can change the
filename, but I'm ambivalent about whether we should make the name
firefox-59.0.tar.bz2 or mozilla-release-c61f5f5ead... ?

In either case, the book will need to note that the tarball creates
a directory called mozilla-release-c61f5f5ead... (and I'm inclined
to use dots rather than write out all 40 hex digits, except in the
link).

Opinions ?

What does 'Help->About Firefox' say?

  -- Bruce