On 15/04/2018 21:57, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 01:01:54PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> On 04/15/2018 11:14 AM, baldu...@units.it wrote:
>>>
>>> I saw the "undefined symbol: ffi_type_float" error quite a long ago with
>>> 1.17.0 and it was fixed by:
>>>
>>>     export RUSTFLAGS="$RUSTFLAGS -C link-args=-lffi"
>>
>> Well that fixed it for me.  Adding that to the book would be harmless if it
>> is not needed.  The issue now is why some need it and others do not.
>>

> Confirmed it is harmless.
>
>> I wonder if others are returning something different for
>> llvm-config.  I'm not sure what parameters are but a grep of the rustc
>> source gives:
>>
>> llvm-config --cxxflags --ldflags --system-libs --libs core orc native
>> llvm-config --cxxflags --ldflags --system-libs --libs core mcjit native
>> llvm-config --libs all
>>
>> and others
>>
>> My system for 'llvm-config --libs all' gives -lLLVM-6.0
>>

> On my system,:
>
> llvm-config --libs all gives -lLLVM-6.0
>
> llvm-config --libs gives -lLLVM-6.0
>
> llvm-config --system-libs returns an empty line

Same here.

About the DESTDIR install.  There are 2 problems with /sources/RUST:
- Some users may have another build directory (/usr/src comes to mind), or
/sources may be readonly, or...
- /sources/RUST is not removed when the build directory is removed.

So I like the approach of using ${PWD}/DESTDIR (or ${PWD}/whatever).

Pierre