On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 01:01:54PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> On 04/15/2018 11:14 AM, baldu...@units.it wrote:
> >
> > I saw the "undefined symbol: ffi_type_float" error quite a long ago with
> > 1.17.0 and it was fixed by:
> >
> >     export RUSTFLAGS="$RUSTFLAGS -C link-args=-lffi"
>
> Well that fixed it for me.  Adding that to the book would be harmless if it
> is not needed.  The issue now is why some need it and others do not.

Confirmed it is harmless.

> I wonder if others are returning something different for
> llvm-config.  I'm not sure what parameters are but a grep of the rustc
> source gives:
>
> llvm-config --cxxflags --ldflags --system-libs --libs core orc native
> llvm-config --cxxflags --ldflags --system-libs --libs core mcjit native
> llvm-config --libs all
>
> and others
>
> My system for 'llvm-config --libs all' gives -lLLVM-6.0

On my system,:

llvm-config --libs all gives -lLLVM-6.0

llvm-config --libs gives -lLLVM-6.0

llvm-config --system-libs returns an empty line

ĸen
--
In my seventh decade astride this planet, and as my own cells degrade,
there are some things I cannot do now: skydiving, marathon running,