On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 11:27:22AM +0200, Pierre Labastie wrote:

> Done, and it built. Ken, don't you think the instructions should wipe out
> /sources/RUST after installing?
>
> Pierre

We don't explicitly remove the build directories, AFAICS.

This is a first (hopefully the only) DESTDIR in the book and I'm
reluctant to blow it away before we know if there are possible
problems with it (unexpectedly, the problems seem to be in the
builds).

I was originally going to use a bit of bash to place the directory
at ../ (because I know it's not just me who doesn't build in
sources), until I realised that not _knowing_ the absolute directory
may give problems depending on how people become root.

I suppose we could do something like ${PWD}/DESTDIR to install it
within the build tree, and then the real install would be something
like:

chown -R root:root DESTDIR
cp -a DESTDIR/* *

and it would all get blown away when the source was removed.  But
maybe I'm missing something.

ĸen
--
In my seventh decade astride this planet, and as my own cells degrade,
there are some things I cannot do now: skydiving, marathon running,