On 2/1/06, Randy McMurchy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Olaf Grüttner wrote these words on 02/01/06 14:58 CST:
>
> > I have added to /etc/profile:
> >
> > export PATH=$PATH:/opt/gnome-2.12/bin
> > export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/opt/gnome-2.12/lib/pkgconfig
> > export GNOME_LIBCONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib:/opt/gnome-2.12/lib
> > export XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=/etc/gnome/xdg
>
> I don't know why you didn't mention setting the XDG_DATA_DIRS variable.
> It says to do it in the instructions of at least two packages you had
> to install. You also need to set the LIBGLADE_MODULE_PATH variable.

One thing I've found is that if XDG_..._DIRS are not the default, then
you should set them before you build GNOME.  I don't know which
package it is, but it needs to now your setup before you build it or
it won't know where to look for the menu entries.  I usually set all
of these variables right at the beginning during Pre-Installation
Configuration.

It's possible that rebuilding gnome-mime-data with the XDG_...
variables exported in your build environment will solve your problems.
 Rebuilding gnome-menus might help, too.

--
Dan