On 2/1/06, Randy McMurchy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dan Nicholson wrote these words on 02/01/06 15:44 CST:
>
> > One thing I've found is that if XDG_..._DIRS are not the default, then
> > you should set them before you build GNOME.
>
> I do the same thing (set them all before starting). I've thought
> numerous times about putting all the stuff in the pre-installation
> section, but then thought it to be redundant. It *must* be on the
> pages where it is actually installed/used.

I think that you should.  IMO, leave the redundant info in each of the
packages in case people are jumping around.  But, on the
Pre-Installation page, I'd like to see all the variables that will
eventually affect the GNOME desktop.  The last time I built GNOME, I
scanned through all the packages to make sure I wasn't missing any
variables and then started building packages.  I'd prefer if this info
was all at the beginning.

Next time, though, I'm just installing in /usr.  These little path
gotchas serously bug me, and I have a package manager anyway.

--
Dan