Wayne Sallee wrote:

On 09/14/2015 11:41 AM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
What are the contents of /etc/sysconfig/ifconfig.wlan0?

root [ ~ ]# cat /etc/sysconfig/ifconfig.wlan0
ONBOOT="yes"
IFACE="wlan0"
SERVICE="wpa"

# Additional arguments to wpa_supplicant
WPA_ARGS=""

WPA_SERVICE="dhclient"
DHCP_START=""
DHCP_STOP=""

# Set PRINTIP="yes" to have the script print
# the DHCP assigned IP address
PRINTIP="no"

# Set PRINTALL="yes" to print the DHCP assigned values for
# IP, SM, DG, and 1st NS. This requires PRINTIP="yes".
PRINTALL="no"
root [ ~ ]#

For wpa, you also need /etc/sysconfig/wpa_supplicant-wlan0.conf.  See
wireless-tools in BLFS for details.

Yes I also have /etc/sysconfig/wpa_supplicant-wlan0.conf, but it does
not seem from the error statements that it has gotten that far yet.

Pick a static IP address for now and try to get that to work like in my previous message. After that's working we can add dhcp.

  -- Bruce