No game penalties are imposed for missed shots and this is out of line with reality. Actually, in real life three penalties apply. First, time wasted cannot be recovered. Second, wasted energy which may be recovered in time if the player survives long enough. Third, and most important your opponent gets a shot at your position which your failed shot just gave away. These penalties apply far more in real world sniper situations than games made accessible for blind players but in real world simulators used to prepare actual soldiers all of those penalties will apply if for no other reason than to keep those soldiers alive longer in the real field exercises and campaigns.

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017, Charles Rivard wrote:

Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 06:46:25
From: Charles Rivard <wee1s...@fidnet.com>
To: blind-gamers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [blind-gamers] Gaming without Aiming,
    panel discussion from our old pal Liam!

Although this has nothing to do with Liam's panel, it does fall in line with the subject line, so here are my thoughts, and I would like yours:

Some people claim that they can play a game without being able to see when to hit a rolling ball or other such task that requires sight. As it turns out, all they are doing is continuously, very frantically, firing. Take Blindfold Pinball for example. For a while, I hosted an iPhone gaming event on

www.Out-Of-Sight.net

in which we chose a game that was on everyone's iPhone, and we took turns locking out mike key down, playing 1 ball, then releasing our mike key for the next player. After the third ball had been played, high score won. The way that I played was to listen for when the ball approached a flipper, then hitting the flipper, trying to actually use skill when playing. Others would launch their ball and immediately start hammering away at the flippers in hopes of hitting the ball when it rolled within range. Is this how the game should be played, with no skill involved? They usually beat me, but I feel that they were cheating. Some people claim that they can successfully play games involving punching the opponent, but they punch quickly and continuously in hope of success. To me, a game should be played with skill, not luck.

-----Original Message----- From: Jack Falejjczyk