I see things from the point of view as a game player, not a game developer. I have no problem if a game is designed to penalize crazy random shooting. If points are deducted for incorrect shots, I'm all for it. This would encourage the use of skill and discourage relying on sheer luck.

-----Original Message----- From: Justin Jones
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 6:38 PM
To: blind-gamers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [blind-gamers] Gaming without Aiming, panel discussion from ourold pal Liam!

Charles,

You did not address my earlier point, but to remind you: you are
confusing a game development issue with player agency. In your
original post, you indicated that button-mashing is a form of
cheating, and I pointed out that it is on the developers to insure
that skill is rewarded. The player does not have the responsibility to
insure that a game developer checks all the proper boxes, dots all the
I's and crosses the T's. The most a player can do is to simply not
play the game and move along.

Your answer, please.

Here’s an example of my point about using skill or not using skill when
playing a game.

You have a bowling game that you want to play. Rather than rolling 1 ball,
you roll 2 at the same time, triggering the switches that determine pin
action. Using this method, you can score a perfect game! Try it using only 1 ball. This would take skill to score well. Which would you prefer? Now,
after your first ball, there is no feedback as to which pins remain
standing. How do you know what to do to get a spare, or do you just roll a
ball randomly in hopes of getting lucky?  After the second ball, or at the
end of the game, you aren’t given your score.  I would very much prefer
knowing what to shoot at for a spare, and how successful I was, and I do
want to know my final score so that I can try to top my high score.  After
all, the object of bowling is not to just roll a ball down a lane, but to
get a high score.