Actually that's incorrect for one reason. The mouse moves easily. Unless you have parkinsons disease you can probably use a touch screen since you'll be able to keep a finger still long enough to do a gesture. I can't use mice either and have a major fine motor deficit yet I can and do use a touch screen every day. I think what you could have used to play those games with is a track ball. That has a ball in a case you turn to move the cursor and then there are two separate buttons on the case you press to click. You also keep your hand in the same position to use a track ball since only the ball in the track ball turns and the buttons are its only moving parts. If you try any of this stuff, I'll be interested to know what results you have. There's also a rat. A rat is on the floor and attached to the computer and you operate a rat with your feet. Never having used one of those, I can't go into specifics on that device though. I have two problems with mice. First those move way too fast and second the targets for them (controls) are too small. If a screen could have no more than 9 controls in three columns of three rows I expect then I could have used a mouse effectively.

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018, Damien Garwood wrote:

Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2018 19:06:29
From: Damien Garwood <dam...@dcpendleton.plus.com>
To: blind-gamers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [blind-gamers] audio game walkthroughs

Hi,
Being totally blind from birth, I've never touched a mouse, and I hope I would never need to. Mice (mouses? mice? that just sounds weird!) were unusable by the blind at the time when I was taught computers, hence the reason I could never really play Swamp or RailRacer, let alone think about complete system navigation with it. Not only that but my coordination and spatial awareness isn't all that great. If I can't use a touchscreen then I've no chance of using a mouse.
Cheers.
Damien.
-----Original Message----- From: Jude DaShiell