No, the buttons are clicking buttons not equivalent to arrow keys. With jaws you can't even do this since jaws doesn't support mice. With other screen readers the screen reader will announce what you are highlighting. Understand, until you use one of those buttons you haven't activated what you've highlighted.

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018, Damien Garwood wrote:

Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 07:22:12
From: Damien Garwood <dam...@dcpendleton.plus.com>
To: blind-gamers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [blind-gamers] audio game walkthroughs

Hi,
No. Thankfully I don't have Parkinsons. But my motor skills aren't all that great. Neither is my spatial awareness and coordination. I battled with iPhones and iPads for the better part of 5 years and had to give up in the end. Typing at averages of 60 WPM on a desktop keyboard, 40 WPM on laptops, 10 WPM on the old Nokia phones with qwerty keyboards (at least they had standard buttons), 5 WPM with standard number-based texting on the really old phones, I'm lucky if I can do a single word in five minutes with an iDevice. The touchscreen is just too sensitive, my other fingers get in the way far too easily. You have to be really careful about how many fingers you have on the screen, how they're positioned...Ugh. Even my grandma can use it better than me, and that's saying something. As for a mouse. I'm guessing I'll have similar problems with that. Not to mention I'm not sure how it's supposed to move with two buttons, unless those are like arrow keys? I guess at least if you have a proper mouse they are actually buttons and not just some stupid touch based area. And how do you know how far it's moving? How do you know you're not activating the wrong thing? This is all, totally brand spanking new to me. To think I can install hard drives in laptops and yet as far as mouse operation is concerned you may as well be speaking to an alien. Lol.
Cheers.
Damien.
-----Original Message----- From: Jude DaShiell