From: "Damien Garwood" <dam...@dcpendleton.plus.com>
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 7:22
To: <blind-gamers@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [blind-gamers] audio game walkthroughs

Hi,
No. Thankfully I don't have Parkinsons. But my motor skills aren't all that
great. Neither is my spatial awareness and coordination. I battled with
iPhones and iPads for the better part of 5 years and had to give up in the
end. Typing at averages of 60 WPM on a desktop keyboard, 40 WPM on laptops,
10 WPM on the old Nokia phones with qwerty keyboards (at least they had
standard buttons), 5 WPM with standard number-based texting on the really
old phones, I'm lucky if I can do a single word in five minutes with an
iDevice. The touchscreen is just too sensitive, my other fingers get in the
way far too easily. You have to be really careful about how many fingers you
have on the screen, how they're positioned...Ugh. Even my grandma can use it
better than me, and that's saying something.
As for a mouse. I'm guessing I'll have similar problems with that. Not to
mention I'm not sure how it's supposed to move with two buttons, unless
those are like arrow keys? I guess at least if you have a proper mouse they
are actually buttons and not just some stupid touch based area. And how do
you know how far it's moving? How do you know you're not activating the
wrong thing? This is all, totally brand spanking new to me. To think I can
install hard drives in laptops and yet as far as mouse operation is
concerned you may as well be speaking to an alien. Lol.
Cheers.
Damien.