Hello Scott.  The distributor panel does allow to have separate runs directly
to any fixture if you want.  You can run a hot and cold line to an area and tee
to go to more than one fixture in an area.  Also available are small brass
manifolds with multiple fittings to attach pex to and go to I think about 4
fixtures from one point.
     Saddle valves go right on to pex the same as if it is copper.  Also one
person mentioned about the push fittings for the pex.  There are two kinds I
think as far as pressure and both are very nice to work with and blind
friendly.  The low pressure goes up to 90 psi and the high pressure fittings go
over 150 psi I think.  The low is plenty for what I am doing.  My water
pressure here is over 50 psi and most people are not ready for that and have a
glass knocked out of their hands when they try to get water for a quick drink.
I live less than a quarter mile from the pressure reservoir on the hill where I
walk.
     There are fittings to go from any kind of pipe to any kind of tubing.
Most plumbers I know now use the push fittings and report no problems.  You
only use them once.  You do want to invest into a cutter for the plastic pipe
so you get a true 90 degree cut at the fitting end.  The cutters are very cheap
and they also do pvc and others but not metal.
     Yesterday I cut the water off, got the two sinks out, removed the vanity
top and the vanity.  Took a break around supper and worked till 10 last night.
I decided to remove the john right away and did that also.  Crowbars came out
and so did the floor.  I have decided to check on a water saver toilet that
flushes properly and put one of them in since I have gone this far.  The one I
removed uses about 4 gallons a flush.  I'll install it in the basement where
the john uses 7.5 gallons a flush.  That one is only used when the place is
fully crowded about twice a year or when I work in the basement on projects.
My two other baths I have installed water saver johns in the past.  My hands
are really sore today.
     For me as in any project, the hardest and largest part of any job is
starting.  Mentally overcoming a point of saying and going to the doing point.
So most of the work is done by starting, the only thing yet to do is now
finish.  I have three month to do the little part so I'll always be on schedule
now.  The nice thing is all the new information I'll learn when I run into a
problem that needs solved.  That info and pinched fingers will help with any
future projects.