That's the bad news yes... A clogged pick up screen, warn cam bearings can all play a part. But you have to start somewhere and without an actual oil pressure gauge it will be a guessing game. ----- Original Message ----- From: robert moore To: [email protected] Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 12:35 PM Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] Dodge Intrepid
Correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't a failed or failing oil pump be a prime suspect in this case? -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Bob Kennedy Sent: Monday, January 07, 2008 8:30 PM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Dodge Intrepid I worked for Dodge but I don't remember if that is a spade or ring connector. You may have to work at it when it is a bit warm to break it loose. Unfortunately a sending unit may not be the fix though. That is the easiest to change out though. Beyond that there are a few items that cost a little bit to replace if the engine hasn't warn out as a result. Keep working at the sending unit for a little while but listen for any new noises in the engine. ----- Original Message ----- From: NLG To: [email protected] <mailto:blindhandyman%40yahoogroups.com> Sent: Monday, January 07, 2008 3:25 PM Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Dodge Intrepid I will have to keep trying. I tried pulling it off but it won't release. I tried feeling to see if there was a place to push on to get it to release but like I said, it is in very tight quarters. There isn't any oil leaking from the sending unit so it is clean. I am replacing it because the oil light is illuminated and won't go out. The engine oil level inddicates full on the dip stick. Thanks. ----- Original Message ----- From: Larry Stansifer To: [email protected] <mailto:blindhandyman%40yahoogroups.com> Sent: Monday, January 07, 2008 15:16 Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] Dodge Intrepid Should just be a male/female push on connector. If it has been leaking for a while the wire and/or the connector will probably break off in your hand, but that is an easy fix. -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] <mailto:blindhandyman%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto: [email protected] <mailto:blindhandyman%40yahoogroups.com> ] On Behalf Of NLG Sent: Monday, January 07, 2008 12:34 PM To: [email protected] <mailto:blindhandyman%40yahoogroups.com> Subject: [BlindHandyMan] Dodge Intrepid Any Dodge boys here? What kind of release is on the wire that attaches to an oil sending unit on a 2000 Dodge Intrepid? with the 2.2 engine? It is Hard to get at and when I finally get my fingers on it, I have very little room to maneuver. Thanks. To listen to the show archives go to link http://acbradio.org/handyman.html <http://acbradio.org/handyman.html> or ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/ <ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/> The Pod Cast address for the Blind Handy Man Show is. http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday <http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday> Visit The Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various List Members At The Following address: http://www.jaws-users.com/JAWS/handyman/ <http://www.jaws-users.com/JAWS/handyman/> Visit the archives page at the following address http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ <http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/> If you would like to join the JAWS Users List, then visit the following address for more information: http://www.jaws-users.com/ <http://www.jaws-users.com/> For a complete list of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy Man list just send a blank message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:blindhandyman-help%40yahoogroups.com> Yahoo! Groups Links -- BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS ------------------------------------------------------ Teach InfoWest Spam Trap if this mail (ID 149331993) is spam: Spam: https://spamtrap.infowest.com/canit/b.php?i=149331993&m=0094609f6423&c=s <https://spamtrap.infowest.com/canit/b.php?i=149331993&m=0094609f6423&c=s> Not spam: https://spamtrap.infowest.com/canit/b.php?i=149331993&m=0094609f6423&c=n <https://spamtrap.infowest.com/canit/b.php?i=149331993&m=0094609f6423&c=n> Forget vote: https://spamtrap.infowest.com/canit/b.php?i=149331993&m=0094609f6423&c=f <https://spamtrap.infowest.com/canit/b.php?i=149331993&m=0094609f6423&c=f> ------------------------------------------------------ END-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
