From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 4:29 AM
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] cutting a circular hole

is it more like a really big router bit then?
Can it be used in an electric hand drill?
I can think of a use for a 1/2 inch such right now. Hmm... wonder if ACE
sells them?

On Mon, 26 May 2008, Bob Kennedy wrote:

> A Forstner bit is really more of a boring bit than a drill bit.  It is
> used when you need to make a circular cut in something and need a flat
> bottom when finished.  They are circular in shape and some have a spur in
> the center that is slightly longer than the cutters around the edge.
>
> If you are going to use European hinges on a cabinet door, you would
> almost have to use a Forstner bit.
>
> To describe one, they look much like a wheel on an overhead garage door.
> They have a shaft that goes into the chuck.  At the other end is a
> circular cutter with teeth around the outside.  The teeth aren't like
> those on a hole saw because they actually break up the chips of wood at
> the same time.
>
> The rim  is also solid unlike a hole saw.  They make very accurate
> diameters and leave smooth walls and hole bottoms.

------------------------------------

http://www.acbradio.org/pweb/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=33&MMN_position=47:29
Or

Visit The Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various
List Members At The Following address:
http://www.jaws-users.com/JAWS/handyman/

If you would like to join the JAWS Users List, then visit the following
address for more information:
http://www.jaws-users.com/
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Groups Links

http://www.eset.com