Why not get shrink wrap plastic and do it from the inside.
RJ
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Michael Baldwin
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 12:20 PM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] winterizing

  Well, I am expecting a pretty good snow storm in the next 24-48 hours, how
  nice, but oh well.
  Now, I normally put plastic over the outside of my windows in the winter to
  help with air leaks and stuff, yes, my windows are...crap...
  Okay, my siding was replaced this past summer with vinyl, had steel before.
  What I would like to do, and need suggestions on, is somehow get the plastic
  around the J channel, then have it pull tight in the J channel. This way I
  am not trying to use tape or staples to hold the plastic on. 50 MPH winds
  are not uncommon for our winters.
  I have seen those kits that you can use on the inside of the house, and use
  a hair drier to shrink the plastic around the trim, but my windows have no
  inside trim, the plaster wraps around to the window.
  Think this would hold up on the outside? Any other thoughts?
  My requirements are, it looks half way good, and does not leave permanent
  marks on the new siding.
  Thanks,
  Michael