Keep in mind Delta has a lifetime warranty on parts.  So if you take the model
number along to Lowes you'll get the parts free.  Or that's how they work down
here.

Now to try answering your question.

Most knobs have a button in the middle that pry out.  Under that is a screw.
Take the screw out and you should be able to rock the knob back and forth while
pulling up and it comes off in your hand.

Once the knob is off you'll see the stem.  This also has to come out to fix the
problem.  Under the stem, there is a small spring and a valve.  They both just
lift out.  The older stems were metal and the newer ones are now plastic.
Cheaper but plastic doesn't rust.

The valve is a short piece of rubber and plastic.  Basically it just drops into
a hole and the collar on the valve keeps it from falling through.  When you put
the stem back on top of the spring and valve it will go in 2 ways and still
turn.  One way won't shut off the water and the other way will.  I can't give
you an exact way to install it without being there to show you.  But if you pay
attention to how it turns to come out, you will know how it should go back in.
If you do it wrong, it won't line up correctly and it will also twist in a
different direction.

It isn't rocket science by any means so give it a whirl.