Tom!  I will print these instructions out and carry them with me so I can show
them to someone who
has the requisite skills to put the gizmo together.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Fowle" <fo...@ski.org>
To: <blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 1:46 PM
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Inventors ahoy!

Hi Jewel,
I've noticed recently trained guide dogs I've seen are much more prone to such
inappropriate behavior than they used to be.  I'll not subject you and the list
to my somewhat prejudiced opinions about why <GRIN>

The device is electrically simple, and I bet you can find the parts
at a radio shack if you have those available.

All you need is a battery, probably 9 volt with connector, a 'normally closed
switch of the push button type, and the noise maker.

I bet shlock sells a lout alarm type noise maker all in one just
what you need, I'll get my wife to look some time in a couple days and see if
we can give you a number.

Most push button switches have 3 terminals, the "swinger" and normally closed
and normally open contacts.

You just wire a loop with the battery, it's negative terminal going
to the negative terminal of the alarm, the positive battery terminal goes
to the "swinger" of the switch, and the "normally closed " contact
of the switch goes to the positive terminal of the alarm.
that means the thing is not screaming till you release the button.
The trick is packaging it the way you like.

You could even make a box with a hinged top arranges so that when the top
has no weight on it, the switch is not pressed, but when the top is pressed
down by more weight it presses the switch nd opens the contact
the contact to the alarm.

If you can build it your self, you're more likely to get what you want
 physically than if I for example built you one, but I could do so if nobody
closer offers.

You don't have to solder wires, small "wire nuts' should do the job, just strip
wires, twist together and maybe add a bit of tape.

Rest is obtaining the box, parts and deciding how to mount stuff.

does this help any?

tom Fowle

------------------------------------

blindhandyman-ow...@yahoogroups.com
http://www.acbradio.org/pweb/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=33&MMN_position=47:29
Or

Members At The
Following address:
http://www.jaws-users.com/JAWS/handyman/

If you would like to join the JAWS Users List, then visit the following address
for more
information:
http://www.jaws-users.com/
just send a blank