The problem is, I don't believe there is a ground to the attachment for the
socket.
RJ
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bob Kennedy
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2010 21:35
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] electrical outlet question

  Well the least expensive will be to avoid an electrician. I don't think the
light socket will be harmed running a computer. My concern is the weight of the
cord staying plugged in at that height and angle. I'd not drill a hole in the
wall and run a cord through the hole. That will look worse than a cord running
along the wall.

  What you can do if you don't care what it looks like inside the closet would
be to plug a short extension cord into the light socket and then a couple
pieces of Gorilla tape across the cord would keep it from pulling out because
of its weight. Red neck I know but it would work.

  While you're at it, you may want to run a piece of tape across the light
switch so it doesn't get turned off while the computer is running. It would be
a reminder strip.