insurance companies are slow to cover a residence with a flat roof for
theis reason.
Professional ice melt is quoted down to -12 but I think it's more
accurately  trusted to 0.
I tossed some onto my auning  and there are no icycles after the first
day. Don't know what ths aalts will do to your structures, but the Ice
Melt (mcmater Carr supply) is safe for lawns, pets, and sidewalks.