Aloha Matt,
My friend made trays with extruded aluminum just
like some folks use to make window screens. Then
she could just take them out in the yard and squirt them off with the hose.
She made a tent out of screen that was open on
the bottom so it could just be set over the whole
stack of trays. She used some sort of round metal
sticks to separate the stacked trays. I remember
that she had some sort of round stops on the
separation sticks, and the frames of the trays
had wholes for the separating sticks to fit into.
I'll try to reach her via email. She lives in
California now, but she used to dry apples,
pineapple, bananas, papaya, mango, parsley, and basil when she lived here.
Betsy