I really think that the fact that dehydrators use more electricity is 
mis-information.  I keep two of them going almost all summer and don't notice 
any difference in the bill.  They only heat to about 145 or so and they use 
about the same as a small lightbulb to heat and a small fan.  Go to 
http://www.excaliburdehydrators.com

I'm not plugging this site.  Its just where I got my dehydrators from and am 
really happy with them.  The site  has a lot of good recipes and know-how there.
Jim
On Jul 9, 2010, at 9:55 PM, Victor Gouveia wrote:

> I've heard that dehydrators tend to use quite a bit of electricity, and 
> while the dehydration process might be faster and easier, the savings on the 
> electrical bill would more than offset the ease of it all.
> 
> Mind you, this information was gotten based on the old Popiel dehydrators, 
> so it may be out of date.
> 
> Victor 
> 


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to