You've gotten some very sound advice on this, but I'd like to throw out two
additional considerations just because they're things that aren't usually
thought of when installing fencing:

1)  You may want to consider using PVC pipe for setting your fence posts.  The
idea here is that you buy some PVC pipe that will allow the posts to fit inside
snugly to moderately loosely and set these PVC pipes into concrete base at no
more than a couple of inches above ground level.  Then you can use these PVC
pipes as inserts to hold the fence posts.  By doing this, you can readily take
down the fence for those unanticipated situations where you say to yourself,
"Self, wish I had a convenient way to take that darn fence down."  I suggest
PVC because it is naturally slippery and will allow  you to easily slip the
constructed fence out and then back in after whatever it was that inspired you
to be able to take that fence down in the first place.  I know this because I
did it when I lived in Wheaton, Illinois.  The PVC pieces should be long enough
to allow the fence posts to drop down as far as necessary with an inch or two
of PVC above ground level.

2)  Keep in mind that when you have to do lawn work that grass will happily
grow into that fencing.  It is incredibly difficult to trim that grass because
the weave of the fence likes to eat lawn trimmer strings like Peg Bundy used to
love eating Bon-bons.  Get yourself some sort of "screen" to run under the
fence weave (from post to post) to prevent that darn grass from ever growing up
into the fencing in the first place.  I suggest several pieces of vinyl siding;
a color that will pleasingly match the fence and home colors.  You can then lay
a strip of the vinyl siding so that the it will be positioned under the fencing
and not one blade of grass will weave itself into your fence.  I can remember
asking my brother-in-law about what he thought about doing this, he thought I
was nuts.  That is, until he had seen what I had done.  I laid the strip of
vinyl siding flat on the ground (having used a hole saw to cut a perfectly
round hole to slip over the fence posts).  He thought it was a great idea once
he saw it.
----
Holland's Person, Bill
E-Mail: billgal...@centurytel.net
- The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!