== 1 of 2 ==
Date: Tues, Apr 17 2007 4:51 am
From: kumar

because, though the complaint about the problem seems to be a minor
one with respect to the ones being shown in the pics it actualy is a
big problem. Reasons:

1.Ours is country of 1 billion plus people. each year about a few
crores are added to our population. many are actually destitutes. who
can hope to be an engineer or a scientist? only those who have a
certain minimum economic background. engineering and the sciences are
required to strengthen a ountry. they are required not only for giving
employment but so as to eradicate the very problems being reflected in
those pictures.with the purpose that our country progresses,
engineering education had been established in our country more than 50
years ago. even prior to independence there were engineering colleges.
That is the nation's aim, to uplift the people, the country. there
comes the national interest. if in institutes like NITs such things
can go on happenning then what would happen to the country. what type
of an education our institutes( premier??!!) are offerring, where
lecturers don't go to classes, students don't study but leak papers
and then sell them even. These are the problems at the national level
but an individual at his own personal level doesn't study with the
attitude that he would become an engineer, innovator to help the
country, the poor etc.etc. what our political leaders are doing is
very incorrect? we are not going the way we should. is it necessary
that we should imbibe the principle of "Unity in Diversity" in every
field, even in engineering colleges,and to such an extent that 50% of
the students should be from the home state and each state should have
its own share. Are the authorities making any studies whether the REC/
NIT system is really required? does it fulfill our national interests?
is this system doing any good for engineering education? why not have
any other system for our engineering colleges ? are the authorities
doing enough to improve the educatioanal environment of the
institutes?

2. At an individual level, a person would think about studying
engineering /sciences and that too in a competitive environment to,

   a) Get a job so that he can think of living decently,

   b) Think of higher studies because he is interested in the subject
and his interests are not diminshed yet,
      and also may be to be recognized for his works in the field. so
that generations to come read his name in  the books.
   c) A person may also become very highly affluent if he invents
something and then patents. And then he could help the people of his
country in a better way than an ordinary citizen could. But that can
never be the sole reason. that could only be "by-product" like
benefit. A person would think of such things only if he is
enthusiastic. but can there be any enthusiasm in such an
environment???

3. Many of the problems associated with NIT Silchar are partly due to
the locality, the place. whether , i acknowledge this thing or not, it
is a factor. how can we say that it is not when local students can
leak papers and bag accolades, be counted as toppers, avail of the
various scholarship schemes and fellowship programmes. when  NIT
Silchar is getting more funds, when it can offer more scope  to its
students, more than any other college in the region baring IIT
Guwahati only, and the locals are doing such and such things, it means
that it is not only me who is sufferring.it means that it may happen
to anybody else who is a non-local. if some relatives would come to
the institute he too would suffer. This institute ,which is supposedly
a reputed institute,is actually a "job-manufacturing industry" using
which the locals can get jobs, go for higher studies and uplift their
Barak Valley while those from Brahmaputra Valley study and get
nothing. But this is true of many other institutes. as your enquiries
might have proven by now that it si happenning in MNNIT and AEC too
along with may be some other institutes.There are problems which have
not been addressed here.

4. Realities of the educational environment of India and its general
environment is such, i wanted to bring forth.
when so many teams are coming. nobody is complaining, nobody is
bothered about the most important problems related to the students'
life there. In NITs, not only in NITS, students are preoccupied with
ragging, making groups, so that they can have "group freshers and
group farewell parties in hotels". so that they  can get close to the
girls, do something nasty but yes not look into the fact that ragging
is detrimental to the whole environment of these institutes. the ppl
there are not complaining anything on these issues. because seniors
can destry their juniors studies because they are seniors i thought it
was something i should complain about.

why i am complaining is due to a mixture of reason1, 2 , 3 and 4.
Most important reason is 2 because i wished to pursue further studies
but that dream has been smashed by this institute.Reason 3 too is a
big reason. and then come reason 1 and 4.
My personal interests were there. why i could not create a good result
was due to this institute and its systems. these things had been going
on for many years and would have continued forever. i  want that not
only  these activities stop but i think you should rethink about newer
systems. Four years went but i hardly learnt anything there. Not only
the malpractices, the hostels there too don't have any study
environment. i had presumed myself to have joined a good institute but
the reality was different.I am complaining because my studies have
been wasted, and not because of myself, but because of the institute.
i have lost everything there. The suffering was not small. i still
think of studying B.Tech from the very beginning and definitely in
NITS. yes, that is not that great a sufferring as compared to poverty
and hunger as depicted in the pictures, may be, but in certain other
ways those are greater sufferrings. where students and teachers do
certain things very dirty but those things are not looked into. It was
not one days sufferring. it was a sufferring of four long years. i
want to change the system but may be i can't have any say in that. No
person can be such a patriot, a chauvinist that he would do everything
only for the nation's sake. personal interests have to be there.i too
am no diffrent. whatever be the reasons, i did correct thing. now may
be things would change and at least i would not suffer in the way i
did. Because students there are having dual faces. they run messes and
in the final year that is the most imortant thing. because they could
make quite a handsome amount. they play elections.they rag and go to
places i should not be mentioning in this mail. Thy do these things
and yet they are toppers, bag laurels. what is this? if i didn't
complain, such ppl would have been doing such things for decades to
come. And that would surely, not have helped in solving the problems
depicted by the pictures.But i informed and may be that might have
turned out to be true that these re happenning in other colleges too.
i complained this because everything is related. What ppl think can't
be true i the real truth.So that you may rethink about all the
policies, about the whole system.

On Apr 16, 7:02 pm, "Abhijit K" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]

== 2 of 2 ==
Date: Tues, Apr 17 2007 11:51 am
From: kumar

> [...]

did. Because students there are having dual faces. they run messes and
in the final year that is the most imortant thing. because they could
make quite a handsome amount. they play elections.they rag and go to
places i should not be mentioning in this mail. Thy do these things
and yet they are toppers, bag laurels. what is this? if i didn't
complain, such ppl would have been doing such things for decades to
come. And that would surely, not have helped in solving the problems
depicted by the pictures.But i informed and may be that might have
turned out to be true that these re happenning in other colleges too.
i complained this because everything is related. What ppl think can't
be true i the real truth.So that you may rethink about all the
policies, about the whole system.

On Apr 16, 7:02 pm, "Abhijit K" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

TOPIC: A New Beginning of BM_Delhi on 22nd April,Sunday,10 AM
http://groups.google.com/group/BM_discussion/browse_thread/thread/75f33b5f49f837f0?hl=en

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Wed, Apr 18 2007 4:54 am
From: Krishanu Bhattacharjee

Dear Friends,

  As all of the BM members of Delhi by, our Heart,Mind, Body and Soul, wanted
to do something great as a part of the mission for Delhi and NCR, the time has
arrived.
             We started our journey in end of 2005, grown mature from infants
with our passion for the mission and formed a well bonded core team of some
strong members in Delhi. Other members and supporters were passionate but
coudnt give their time due to many constraints.Now the time has arrived to
prove ourselves as regular activists rather than only parttime passionate and
keyboard actvists.Our Awaaz program in Delhi was going on but was not regular.

        Now the time has arrived to be regular. After this MCD Election in
Delhi, there is one year left for Delhi Assembly Elections and same time is
left to make the citizens of Delhi aware about their rights and duties.

   So From this Sunday,22nd April, 2007 we are starting our program for
   BM Delhi, Awaaz-Concerns of Common People.

  Our Program will be a regular feature in weekends and holidays and public
places and will be in 5 phases:

  1. Documentary Shoots and Presentations on Delhi Issues
  2. RTI Awareness Campaigns and RTI Workshops
  3. Citizenship Movement to make citizens of NCR aware about their rights and
duties.
  4. Networking with other Social Organaizations in Delhi for developmental
works.
  5. Protesting Human Rights Violation anywhere in India along with citizens of
Delhi.

  So our 1st Episode is on 22nd April, Sunday, 2007, 10 AM.

  at  NITHARI - CHILDREN'S NIGHTMARE.

  Our Program:

  1. Assemble at Sarai Kaley Khan ISBT at 10 AM on 22nd April,Sunday
  2. Form the team and move to Nithari.
  3. Meet Affected Families and interact with them and shoot their present
condition on camera
  4. RTI awareness campaign and filling RTI applications on behalf of Citizens
of Nithari.
  5. Our Team meeting for next plan of Action.

  Nithari is in UP not in Delhi .But Delhities, be aware.Same thing may happen
in your locality.

  So,

  Jaago aur Awaaz Uthao. Forward this mail to all ur Contacts.

  Krishanu
  ( Bharat Uday Mission, Delhi)
  (+91-9312724066)

  Desh Ke Liye Kuch Bhi