I know Marcos have another opinion on this, but I really need this
function in my private wiki which I used as a personal portal. The
wiki got only one user - myself.

I need to make the external links opening in new window and keep the
current page stay in the same place. So I can open many site at
different tab at the same time. Nice for reading multi sites, no need
to wait those site open one by one.

Currently BoltWire can manually add "target='_blank'" attribute to
links, but I like to set-it-once-affect-all. As for the inner links, I
like them behavior as usual.

Of course I don't know how to do this. But an interesting thing lead
me find the solution which can fulfil all I want.

About one month ago I begin to use BoltWire to write my blog draft. I
record any idea, develop them, extent them into an article, then copy
them to my blog. One day I surprisingly found that all of the links in
those articles have the "rel='nofollow'" attribute which I didn't add.

It turned out that BoltWire automatically adds "rel='nofollow'" to any
external links. Since I use BoltWire to write the blog draft, the
'nofollow' was carried together with the article post to my blog.

So I find the solution to solve my need. Here is my dirty hack to make
the external links opening in new window.

# Open system script file: boltwire\barn\scripts\markups.php
# Find the line: /=     else $nofollow = " rel='nofollow'"; =/
# Replace it as: /=     else $nofollow = " rel='nofollow'
target='_blank'"; =/

If you don't want the "rel='nofollow'", just delete it.

This method affect only external links. If you have a wiki in your
localhost used as personal portal like me, this might be a useful
hack. Beware that this is a dirty hack, so every time you upgrade
BoltWire, you should hack it again.

Btw, is it any way to set something in config.php to avoid hacking the
core?

Cheers,
linly

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"BoltWire" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/boltwire?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to