I started of with a Gene Cafe' roaster, was a load of fun and a great
intro to roasting. There are some great books about on home roasting
on Amazon as well as some great internet resources.  Have a look at
http://www.homeroasters.org/, http://www.homeroaster.com/ and
http://www.ineedcoffee.com/ for some good online advice.

I managed to create a whole load of caffein addicts amongst my friends
and they all started asking me for coffee :-). I got a bit tired of
roasting >2kg's of coffee a day in the Gene Cafe (roasts about 1kg per
hr in 250gr batches) and managed to find a  15kg Probat I could use
every now and again so I now roast about 10kg of coffee +- once a week
for the addicts on the Probat which is a blast :-)

Roasting will add a whole new dimension to your coffee, go for it :-)

JohnB