John D. Giorgis wrote:

Does anyone know if the rest of the world is giving the US credit for
sticking with the multilateral approach, and engaging both its allies and
the UNSC members in very long and difficult negotiations, and working
towards an ultimate resolution in the United Nations that will not contain
a lot of the things that the US was originally looking for?

Speaking for our little corner of the world, I would say "yes", but we aren't a very representative group in terms of world opinion of the US. What I would say is that the protracted negotiations means the US is NOT getting the bitter spite it would have had it gone ahead.

Basically the world at large is not saying "good work for not doing something evil", but they're not saying it has done anything evil either...

Cheers
Russell C.