--- William T Goodall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> on 6/12/02 4:34 am, Deborah Harrell at
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > But her post _does_ express the 'prairie chicken
> > effect' nicely...
>
> What is the 'prairie chicken effect' ?

Sorry, that wouuld be quite obtuse if you hadn't read
the "Little House" series by Laura Ingalls Wilder; I
actually used it once before, when I 'dinged' some
discussion that had gotten personal and flamey (can't
remember what it was, though!)

Anyway, brand-newbie Laura snaps at the raucous
schoolyard gang that they "sound like a bunch of
prairie chickens!"

But she was right, they _did_.   :)

Debbi