At 12:35 12-12-2002 -0800, Nick Arnett wrote:

> Such as? I know that Outlook, Eudora and Hotmail show the "From:" header
> (name *and* e-mail address), and IIRC so does Netscape. Come to think of
> it, it would be rather strange for an e-mail client to not tell you who
> sent you a message.

Outlook shows the name, not the address, unless there's only an address
present.  Thus, if the header is like this:

Jeroen van Baardwijk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

all that is displayed is "Jeroen van Baardwijk".
You must be using different settings. I checked this with the Outlook version I use at work (Outlook 98, default settings); it displays both the name *and* the e-mail address of the sender. I can send you a screendump if you don't believe me.

Jeroen "Defense lawyer" van Baardwijk

LEGAL NOTICE:
By replying to this message, you understand and accept that your replies (both on-list and off-list) may be published on-line and in any other form, and that I cannot and shall not be held responsible for any negative consequences (monetary and otherwise) this may have for you.