Jim says
At its core, LotR is about the little guy standing up and doing what's right. Gandalf and Aragorn don't defeat Sauron. A hobbit does.

This is a core element of storytelling that cannot be eliminated. I have written extensively that Suspicion of Authority SOA is the core western myth.

For this reason I do not interfere with my kids playing Star Wars action figures. Luke and Han are decent fellows, brave, etc.

My objection is at the level of adults. Lucas and Tolkien hated everything about our revolution. They yearn for feudalism. I'll fight them with my dying breath.