You didn't really expect me to be nice to someone who has treated me the way
you have, did you?

> > But you are welcome to buy the Brin-L Archive CD once it is
> > finished...
>
> You're planning to publish a compilation that includes my messages, in
> which I hold copyright?  That should be interesting.  I don't recall
> granting you a license to do so.

Your messages appear in the on-line archives at Yahoogroups.com and
Mail-archive.com. Have you granted them a license to publish your posts in
their publicly accessible archives? Probably not. So, are you now going to
sue them for copyright violation, as they have obviously published your
posts without your consent?

Of course, if you are going to make a fuss over copyright, you will at least
have to be *consistent*. That means that you will have to ban everyone who
posts articles (or parts thereof) which have been published elsewhere (FREX,
on CNN.com) and report the violation to the copyright holder (it's gonna be
very quiet here, with most of the regulars banned). You will also have to
remove the Etiquette Guidelines from your website, as that page is a direct
copy of the Etiquette Guidelines page on my website (you only changed the
background colour). I hold the copyright to the design, and Jo Anne Bird
holds the copyright to the contents. Further, you will have to limit your
on-line archive to containing only the messages from people who have given
you their explicit permission to publish their posts in said archive.

> > LEGAL NOTICE:
> > By replying to this message, you understand and accept that your
> > replies (both on-list and off-list) may be published on-line and in
> > any other form, and that I cannot and shall not be held responsible
> > for any negative consequences (monetary and otherwise) this may have
> > for you.
>
> LEGAL NOTICE II:
> By reading and/or replying to this message or participating in the
> discussion forum in which it appears, you understand and agree that all
> previously added "Legal Notices" are hereby null and void.  And future
> ones, also.  And you may be held responsible for your behavior, as
> unbearable as that might seem under the crushing weight of abuse from
> others.

That last sentence is particularly interesting, given that you deny having
done anything wrong by publishing people's e-mail addresses...

LEGAL NOTICE III:
By posting to this forum, you waive any and all copyrights to your posts,
and agree to have them made publicly available on-line and on any other
media, including but not limited to commercially available compact disks,
without any compensation to you.

Jeroen "Legal Mumbo-Jumbo" van Baardwijk