On Friday, March 14, 2003 10:38 AM, Robert J. Chassell wrote:

> Robert Heinlein expressed the problem in a science fiction story in
> 1941, `Solution Unsatisfactory'.  I will get to that in a moment.
>
> [...snip...]
>
> The question here is whether this French policy is even worse than the
> `Solution Unsatisfactory' that Heinlein envisioned?

My opinion is that the French have the same misgivings as the American
Jewish community has:

| But some Jews are increasingly concerned about the lack of widespread
| international support for a pre-emptive strike, and skeptical that the
United
| States can create a stable post-war government in Iraq.
|
| Rabbi Ismar Schorsch, chancellor of the Jewish Theological Seminary
| of America, the academic and spiritual center of Conservative Judaism,
| said at a lecture this week, "We live in a world gone mad, a world in
which
| a paper tiger has become America's mortal enemy, a world in which America
| is about to enter a war in which America stands alone."
|
| Rabbi Schorsch said in an interview that he believed that North Korea
| was a greater threat than Iraq, that Al Qaeda's fortunes would not fall
| with Iraq's, and that the United States had "gravely weakened the
institutions
[sic]________________^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| of internationalism so painstakingly erected after the Second World War."

[excerpt from The New York Times]
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/15/national/15JEWS.html?th
Divide Among Jews Leads to Silence on Iraq War
By LAURIE GOODSTEIN
March 15, 2003

Cheers!
--
Han Tacoma

~ Artificial Intelligence is better than none! ~