At 12:24 PM 6/3/03 -0700, Chad Cooper wrote:

What about this idea for a start. Each speed zone has three speed limit
values, based upon vehicle class. Each class is represented by a symbol,
like a diamond, triangle and circle. Each class of vehicle is defined
through criteria such as weight, brakeing distance, use, and safety rating.

Diamond - Small vehicles with safety rating of 5 (federal crash test
rating), under 2800 lbs, and reasonable braking distance.

Triangle - between 2800 lb - 3500 lb or vehicles with safety rating below 4.

Circle - Large vehicles 3500 above

I was thinking about this while lying in bed last night before I fell asleep. How about:

Pentadecagon - Small vehicles with safety rating of 5 (federal crash test rating), under 2800 lbs, and reasonable braking distance.

Heptadecagon - between 2800 lb - 3500 lb or vehicles with safety rating below 4.

Nondecagon - Large vehicles 3500 above

The advantage would be that everyone would have to slow down so much to count the precise number of sides on the sign to see if it applied to them that even when accidents did occur, they wouldn't be very serious . . .

Neither Am I Maru

-- Ronn! :)

God bless America,
Land that I love!