--- Doug Pensinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The election was 2 1/2 years ago.  Circumstances and
> the list have
> changed.  I would guess that between 80-90% of the
> list were in favor of
> the invasion, and that at least half have a
> favorable opinion of Bush
> right now, though I'm guessing his popularity will
> continue to slip here
> and everywhere else.
>
> Doug

80-90%?  Not a chance.  50%, at most.  Dan M. whom you
called a conservative, much to my (and, I'd guess,
his, amusement) was against it, I believe, just to
pick an example.

As for his popularity slipping, well, he's not going
to stay at 60+%, no.  OTOH, the odds that he's going
to win in 2004, well, let's just say that I'm not
urging my politically active friends to count on
getting a Democratic White House job in 2005.

=====
Gautam Mukunda
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Freedom is not free"