--- William T Goodall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Deborah Harrell wrote:
> >
> > If "novelty-seeking" is a genetic trait that has
> >become widespread because of some advantages that
it
> > confers (I can think of many, from utilizing new
> food sources to finding new places to live -- as
well
> >as little problems from being _overly_ curious,
like
> >fatal poisonings and discovering that cave lions
*do
> > not* like to share their dens!), is it so hard to
> > consider that "spirituality" might likewise be a
> > genetic trait?
>
> So there might be a cure for it?

<snorts & rolls eyes>
You managed to *completely* overlook my point - that
"novelty-seeking" is in fact one of the traits that
makes us so successful as a species, and is only a
problem when taken to extemes...so too for
spirituality.  IMN-S-HO, naturally.  ;)

Although cockroaches are terribly successful from a
biological standpoint, I don't think they are curious
or spiritual...and think what would happen if they
were!  <shudders as only one who has lived in the
South (or the jungle/rainforest), with multiple types
of pesticide-adapted cockroaches, can possibly
understand>

Personally Not A Thrill-Seeker, Except For Riding
Arabians* Maru

*This would make Quarter Horse owners LOL, but is
probably incomprehensible to almost everyone else.  :)