On Monday, July 7, 2003, at 05:29 pm, Jan Coffey wrote:

William, I am sorry, but it seems that you were vexed by the post you are
responding to above. However, it seems that you are under some alternative
interpritation. Your cry of "rudeness" seems unwarented. Perhaps you shoudl
re-read and reconsider the intent, with the assumption that it is not meant
to vex.

In general I agree with you that it is both polite and wise to attempt the most generous reading of the intent of a post. In this case however, and given the history of JDGs posting, I have difficulty finding an alternative interpretation to 'provocative rudeness' that is more favourable to him.

-- William T Goodall Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED] Web : http://www.wtgab.demon.co.uk Blog : http://radio.weblogs.com/0111221/

"I speak better English than this villain Bush" - Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf, Iraqi Information Minister