From: "John D. Giorgis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 11:09 PM 7/24/2003 -0400 David Hobby wrote:
>    I'll tell you what.  Change the amendment so that any two
>adults can enter into a civil union, which the federal and
>state governments must grant all the privileges of marriage,
>and you have my support.

I disagree.   Since every child is produced by a mother and a father, I
think that our ideal goal should be to place every child up for adoption
with a very good mother and father.

So you would deny adoption to single people as well? What of children that would otherwise go unadopted? Would you rather see them in an orphanage than with a loving single parent of gay couple?