Considering the level of interest shown in the Tour de France when it
started, I'm surprised to see little or no mention of the fact, now that it's over,
that Lance Armstrong won his fifth in a row. This one was more stirring than
the previous 4, as his triumph was in doubt until the next-to-last day. He was
used to blowing his competition away, and he just could not do so this year. I
wouldn't be surprised if he savors this one the most, as it was his
hardest-earned (except, perhaps, for his first, considering he was just coming off his
miraculous recovery from cancer back then).

Tom Beck

www.prydonians.org
www.mercerjewishsingles.org

"I always knew I'd see the first man on the Moon. I never dreamed I'd see the
last." - Dr Jerry Pournelle