[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Considering the level of interest shown in the Tour de France when it
> started, I'm surprised to see little or no mention of the fact, now that it's over,
> that Lance Armstrong won his fifth in a row. This one was more stirring than
> the previous 4, as his triumph was in doubt until the next-to-last day. He was
> used to blowing his competition away, and he just could not do so this year. I
> wouldn't be surprised if he savors this one the most, as it was his
> hardest-earned (except, perhaps, for his first, considering he was just coming off
> his
> miraculous recovery from cancer back then).

I was busy e-mailing back and forth with Kevin about it all, and one of
my friends was calling me every day about that day's stage, except on
the rest days.  (Then she'd call me about baseball games.)  Kinda weird
now, she hasn't called me in a few days.  :)

I've also been soaking up everything the Austin paper has published on
it.  He went to a conference on cancer after he won the Tour, did anyone
else know that?  He made some kind of crack about how he wouldn't be
talking much, due to the hard time his 200 friends had given him in the
last 3 weeks.  :)

Anyone besides me read _It's Not About the Bike_?

        Julia