From: Ronn!Blankenship <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Killer Bs Discussion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Most Dangerous States
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:46:30 -0500

At 10:30 AM 8/11/03 -0700, Jan Coffey wrote:

--- William T Goodall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 02:11  am, Gautam Mukunda wrote:
>
> > --- William T Goodall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> In fact the whole of Europe has much lower homicide
> >> rates than the USA,
> >> and much stricter gun control.
> >>
> >> --
> >> William T Goodall
> >
> > _But_, just to complicate things a bit (I'm an
> > agnostic in this particular debate) it has higher
> > levels of violent crime overall (a fairly recent
> > phenomenon), and a far more homogenous population,
> > with massive underreporting of crimes committed
> > against minorities (i.e. Arabs in France).
>
> It's a fact that Europe has lower homicide rates than the USA. If we
> accept that it actually is a more violent place overall then this is
> excellent evidence that gun control works to reduce homicide is it not?
>
> And I would rather be mugged or get some broken ribs or whatever than
> be shot dead.

Persony I would rather have the lowlifes shooting eachother more and me not
be the vitm of violent crime where the perp uses knives and clubs.

And personally I would prefer they sober up and get a job rather than holding me up or robbing my house or place of business to buy drugs. Who has a suggestion for bringing about that state of affairs?

Death by Firing Squad for first-time offenders?

Jon
Just Kidding Maru

Le Blog: http://zarq.livejournal.com