From: Julia Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Killer Bs Discussion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: A few new words of which this list is in need
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:38:32 -0600

Jan Coffey wrote:

> However, you would think that if it's ok to raz someone claiming that
> they look pathetic becouse of something they did, why is it not ok to
> raz them back about looking pathetic becouse of something they did
> not do? (Namely get enough exercice for their caloric intake) Or if
> you prefer soemthing they did do, like eating too much for their
> level of physical activity.

You know, I'm a little touchy about this right now.  Maybe I shouldn't
be, but I am.

And it's not just the caloric intake and activity level -- my body is
*trying* to hang on to a chunk of the extra weight I gained while I was
pregnant, and will not probably not start dropping it until the babies
are 9 months old or so, if what happened after my first pregnancy is any
indication.  (This is related to the fact that I'm breastfeeding the
babies, which is a lot better for them in the long run, and was better
for *me* at least initially.)  And, dammit, I'm still hungry a lot --
hungry for stuff with the right nutrients to be making more milk for
them.  (At least I'm refraining from eating if I'm not hungry, and that
is a luxury I didn't have 6 months ago.)

Julia

Biology taking precedence over society. And take some solace in the fact that we can't escape biology.

-Travis