Dan wrote:

BTW, I'm not arguing either against/for legalization here. I'm arguing
that one should now be seeing marked differences between prostitutes in the US and Germany/Netherlands as a result of legalization if the source of the difficulties experienced by prostitutes is fundamentally the law against
prostitution.

I think that expecting an instantaneous difference once you have decriminalized prostitution is unrealistic. In order for a new solution to be effective it must be given a considerable amount of time to work, it must be given the resources it requires to be effective and it must be given the societal support it needs. Laws can be changed overnight, but attitudes can persist for generations.
--
Doug