On 16/07/2006, at 10:51 PM, Dan Minette wrote:

Using the same calculations, tower 2, the first to fall, would collapse in 9.5 sec. Both of these numbers are consistent with the times observed.

Bingo. Your Math-Fu is strong.

Finally, I'm trying to incorporate your questions, Charlie's view, and
David's questions into a couple of questions. I will post the wording
here, and see if it makes sense to people.

I'm perfectly happy to discuss "my view", or whatever, further, if you think it would help. Although, to be honest, I think your view, Dan, and mine are close enough on all the details we've actually thought about and discussed that I'd be perfectly happy for you to substitute your own for mine.

Charlie