----- Original Message -----
From: "Alberto Monteiro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <brin-l@mccmedia.com>
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 8:34 AM
Subject: Re: Dick Cheney's least favorite TV show?

> *** Hero Spoilers below ***

>>> Makes one wonder what you would classify as _major_ spoilerage . .
>>> .
>>> ? ;)
>>

>> More detail. I pretty much knew all these spoilers before I saw the
>> episodes and/or figured the course of things out beforehand.
>>
> It was a surprise to see George Takei as Hiro's father... Even
> though it seems he's a minor character.

I believe he or his character is coming back next season. Perhaps not
so minor in the overall mythos.

> And reading things in the Internet is a _very_ bad idea if you
> want to watch a show. I was looking for data on episodes I had
> missed, and I learned that the cheerleader was the daughter
> of the flying man - information that comes from Ep 13!

Spoilers don't bother me too much. I'm usually thinking about how
Hiro's power works and the implications. When I watch an episode where
I know some of what is to come, I am looking for clues to what will
come beyond what I am seeing now.
Kring and co have given us a very fun game in this.

Now when Nathan was revealed to be Claires bio-father I was pissed. It
seemed to me to be a pointless, soap-operaish plot point. But there
was some redemption in later drama that stemmed from the revelation
that *did* expand and advance the story. I just dislike the idea that
everyone is related to everyone else in some kind of shipper fantasy.

> Of course my two favourite characters are Hiro Nakamura
> and the cheerleader.

Same here. I think the best thing about the show is the expansive
cast. East Asians, South Asians, Carribeans....the show is more like
the world than any other fiction on American television. Next year
they will have Hispanics!<G>

xponent
With Subtitles Maru
rob