On 4 Dec 2007, at 19:44, Dave Land wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2007, at 9:56 AM, William T Goodall wrote:

>>> It's not scepticism though. The people in the US who don't believe
>>> in
>>> evolution by natural selection by and large aren't saying "we don't
>>> think evolution by natural selection is an adequate explanation for
>>> the extant biological diversity so for the moment we won't believe
>>> in
>>> it even though there are no plausible alternatives" but rather "we
>>> don't believe in evolution by natural selection because these fairy
>>> stories are so much more plausible despite the total lack of
>>> evidence
>>> for them!" That's not scepticism, it's misplaced credulity.
>>>

>> And people who think like that are dangerous to themselves and
>> others.
>> Hence religion is evil.
>
> *Sigh*
>
> Saying the same thing over and over again is not the same thing as
> making a reasoned argument.

Denying the same thing over and over again is not the same thing as
making a reasoned argument.

Do you think people who act as if made up nonsense is true are not
harmful?
Or do you think all the nonsense is true?

Because if you don't agree with one of those then you agree with me.

> Hence the question of the possible evil of religion remains open.

Not really.

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant
market share. No chance" - Steve Ballmer