On Dec 4, 2007 3:11 PM, jon louis mann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  religion and science are incompatible, for the most part

May I just say, nicely perhaps... baloney.

I spend all day doing complicated large-scale mathematical analysis of
community behaviors, writing software, trying to know all the statistics
that might apply (I hate statistics, which is probably the only healthy way
to use it) and keeping up with a rapidly growing field of analysis.

I'm also a committed Christian and there's nothing incompatible about the
two.  My church and lots of others around here are full of scientists and
engineers -- this is Silicon Valley, after all. Some may find that their
beliefs and their science collide, but I assure you that most don't.

The real incompatibility is between fear and science.

Nick

--
Nick Arnett
[EMAIL PROTECTED]