On Thu, 6 Dec 2007, Ronn! Blankenship wrote:

At 03:31 PM Wednesday 12/5/2007, jon louis mann wrote:
i haven't seen him in years but hear that he has
mellowed and no longer drinks excessively.
  jon

Last time I saw him in person was in 2005.  The
latter condition has indeed made a noticeable
difference since the first time I met him.

(I think that is a simple statement of fact —
which can be verified independently by other witnesses — not "gossip.")

And this seems to be the case in general with people who drink in their youth and drink a lot less as they grow older.

        Julia