On 4 Sep 2008, at 17:27, Andrew Crystall wrote:

> On 4 Sep 2008 at 1:19, William T Goodall wrote:
>> I was thinking that despite the differences in the underlying
>> mechanisms our hypothetical aliens might begin to reach similar
>> conclusions once they applied more advanced thinking to the subject.
>
> Why? What is inherent in higher level ethics which doesn't depend on
> our perceptions of the world arround us?

I did say 'might' :-)

I was thinking that *if* there was such a thing as an objective ethics
then all ethical creatures should be able to discover it. I'd
certainly expect aliens to have come up with compatible mathematics.

Intuition Maru

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit
atrocities." ~Voltaire.